Insurance Quotes


Select your State:


While it’s mandatory in every state to have auto insurance, the details on the minimum requirements vary between states. Insurance helps protect you from liability if you injure someone or damage their property. It can also save on medical expenses or auto repair costs if you are in an accident. In case you are in an accident, DMV Rates provides you with important information, guides, and advice to handle your situation.

Auto Insurance Quotes

Getting auto insurance quotes can save you hundreds of dollars by allowing you to compare prices and previewing what you are paying for. To help you in this process, DMV Rates provides accurate price quotes and information from recognized partners. To get a quote, enter your ZIP code into the box below and choose a company. Once you complete their online form, you will immediately receive a quote of the company’s best rate. There’s no obligation to purchase immediately, so it’s a good idea to repeat this process with multiple companies so you can compare rates.

Auto Insurance in your State

To get more detailed information on auto insurance regulations in your state, simply choose your location from the drop-down list above.

If you need help paying for auto insurance, visit our section on short term loans to find resources on how to get funds quickly and easily.

In Case of an Accident or to Make a Claim

If you have been in an accident or need to make an auto insurance claim, follow these steps:

  1. Call the police if they aren’t at the scene of the crash
  2. Get information from all vehicles, drivers, witnesses and individuals involved
  3. Make notes about the location, time, and date of accident
  4. Inform your insurance company as soon as possible

If you have to make a claim, you should contact your insurance provider immediately. After you receive the necessary forms from your insurance provider, fill out all the forms correctly and make copies for yourself. If you are injured in an accident or if a DUI was involved, you should consider contacting an attorney to handle your situation.